User
User
First Name: Kathy
Last Name: Hughes
Company: Mission

Importing pre v6.2 database

Post by kathy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 am

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to T-Plan, so forgive me if this is an idiot question!

I'm trying to import both an existing project database and the associated user list, having been provided with a .mdb file and .tpa file respectively.

Attempting to import the user list results in the error "The file contains unrecognised data"
Attempting to connect to the database file via New Database Wizard\Find an existing project database" results in the error "Unable to logon the specified database"

Both files were exported from version 5.1.2.

Please can you advise whether imports to v6.2 are permitted from this earlier version and, if so, what I can do to resolve this problem.
I can provide further information if you require - please let me know.

Many Thanks

DaveB

Re: Importing pre v6.2 database

Post by DaveB » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 am

There should be no need to use the export/import when migrating from T-Plan 5.1.2 to 6.2.

After you have installed T-Plan 6.2 you can login to the T-Plan Administrator 5.1.2 database using T-Plan Administrator and it will automatically be migraated to 6.2.

Once this has been done, in T-Plan Administrator, you can select each database in the list of databases and either - Right-Mouse and select 'Migrate' or Hit the 'Migrate' button on the tool bar.

Regards,

Dave Bond.

kathy
User
User
First Name: Kathy
Last Name: Hughes
Company: Mission

Post by kathy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 pm

The problem is that V5.1.2 is being kept on a separate network to 6.2 at the moment.

So this is effectively a new install of 6.2 rather than an upgrade, which is why I needed to import the pre-existing files.

Is this possible?

Thanks

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:16 pm

The .tpa file, which is an export from T-Plan Administrator 5.1.2 will not import directly into T-Plan Administrator 6.2. The Import/Export is version specific.

What you need to do is take a copy of the T-Plan Admin .mdb file and the T-Plan Project .mdb file from the other network. Then when you login to T-Plan Administrator 6.2, connect to the T-Plan Admin .mdb (in it's new location) file, it will automatically be migrated and the user list will be present.

Next, while in T-Plan Administrator 6.2, remove the T-Plan Project database (the database entry pointing to the other network location) and re-add the T-Plan Project .mdb file from it's new location. It will then be automatically migrated to 6.2.

Regards,

Dave.