Question on T-Plan reports

Tips and Tricks relating to Usability
Anonymous

Question on T-Plan reports

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:34 pm

I have a general question about generating a slightly different report from those that are already within T-Plan.

We have a requirement to produce a report that shows a very simple “total scripts completed against overall total scripts”.

For example, we have 10 test scripts within the Design module, that each have multiple test steps. We then copy these into the Manage module for test execution. We want to be able to report on the 10 scripts, and show how many of the 10 scripts have been completed i.e. 5 out of the 10 = 50%.

This is for a very simple high-level management report.

Currently within T-Plan Pro SR3, I cannot find a report that gives me this simple information. I am planning on using Crystal Reports to build/customise my own report to show this information.

Has anybody got any hints/tips on this before I start, i.e. what field name I should report on etc. Or even better has anybody got any reports of this kind that they could share with me?

Regards
Paul

piotrkrupa

Custom Crystal Reports for T-Plan

Post by piotrkrupa » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:56 am

I'm using T-Plan 4 but upgrading to 5 sr1 + WebIMS tonight :-)

we've got many custom reports, but all for the IMS database...
it's quite simple to build it.

We have Crystal Reports 8.5

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:56 pm

Hi Paul,

Sorry - I'm not ignoring you - we're a bit stretched at the moment!!

I've asked one of my colleagues (who knows more about reporting and Crystal reports than I do) to reply, but I do know he's very busy right now; I'll monitor this thread to make sure you get a response in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards
Chris
Chris Smith
T-Plan Development & Support