How to find T-Plan Java Libraries

Queries related to T-Plan Robot
herbmich

How to find T-Plan Java Libraries

Post by herbmich » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 am

Hello,

I want to write an external java-File. I found an example in the T-Plan Tutorial. Additional I found in the help files the information that I have to extend the class from "DefaultJavaTestScript" and override the "test()" function. These things I understand. But I import the "com.tplan.robot.*" library and my java compiler could not found this. Where can I find these libraries ? Or what have I to to, that I can compile these script ? Why could I not run this script with the T-Plan "Run" command ?

Here is my simple code:

import com.tplan.robot.scripting.DefaultJavaTestScript;
import java.io.*;

public class FileTest extends DefaultJavaTestScript {

public void test() {

System.out.println("Hello World !");

}

}

rpes
User
User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Pes
Company: T-Plan

Re: How to find T-Plan Java Libraries

Post by rpes » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

All necessary classes are available in the robot.jar file located in the T-Plan Robot installation directory. You have to add this JAR to the compiler class path in order to compile the code.

We recommend to use a Java IDE such as Netbeans or Eclipse for development of Java code. The robot.jar file must be then added to the list of libraries of the Java project. Our documentation describes the steps for Netbeans:

http://t-plan.com/robot/docs/v2.3ee/api/docs/build.html

Once the code is compiled to a JAR file (the IDE does it by default), the archive may be imported to a Robot script using the Include command and the test script classes it contains can be called through Run.