MarkP
User
User
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Payne
Company: ICS Triplex

Exporting test results to Word.

Post by MarkP » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:01 pm

There is an export feature that uses XML to produce reports in Word. However, I have had limited success in creating style sheets that parse exported XML reports and give me the format that I want. I have limited time and I am not an XML expert, plus T-Plan seems to not accept XMl edited and having <CR> <LF> characters in. Plus there is limited documentation on this.

How do I ... produce a test results report export that contains the 'actual results' field.

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting test results to Word.

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post.

Within the XML export dialog there are options to export the Script Instructions, Expected Results and Actual Results in both rtf or plain text format. Naturally if you select rtf your stylesheet will have to perform the necessary conversion to correctly display the contents whereas plain text will be immediately visible.

If you are having problems creating a stylesheet to utilize the exported data in the format you want perhaps you could send us an example of your desired outcome and we could look at creating a stylesheet for you. Please send this to Support@T-Plan.com.